Trust Sheets/Central Air Heating, Cooling and Plumbing, the locally owned and operated HVAC and plumbing contractor of choice
When winter’s chill sets in Fort Wayne, having a well-functioning furnace is essential to keep your home cozy and warm. Unfortunately, furnaces can sometimes break down, leaving you shivering in the cold. If you’re in Fort Wayne, IN, and your furnace is on the fritz, you can rely on Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing to get your heating system up and running again.
Contact us for any issues with your HVAC system
Common Furnace Failures
The most common furnace failure homeowners encounter is a malfunctioning or worn-out ignitor. The ignitor is responsible for lighting the gas or oil in your furnace, creating the heat necessary to warm your home. If it’s not functioning correctly, your furnace won’t ignite, leaving you in the cold. Other common issues include clogged air filters, faulty thermostats, and problems with the blower motor.
- Faulty Ignitor: A faulty ignitor is one of the most common furnace problems. Over time, ignitors can wear out or become corroded, preventing the furnace from lighting. If you notice that your furnace clicks and attempts to ignite but doesn’t produce heat, it’s likely an issue with the ignitor.
- Clogged Air Filters: Neglecting to change or clean your furnace’s air filters can lead to reduced airflow, causing the system to overheat and shut down. Reduced airflow also forces the furnace to work harder, leading to higher energy bills and potential damage to the heat exchanger.
- Thermostat Problems: Your thermostat is the control center for your furnace. If it’s not functioning correctly, it can result in temperature inconsistencies or the furnace not turning on when needed. Sometimes, it’s a simple battery replacement, while other times, it might need recalibration or replacement.
Blower Motor Issues: The blower motor is responsible for distributing warm air throughout your home. If it malfunctions, you may experience inadequate heating or airflow. Common problems include worn-out bearings, electrical issues, or a faulty fan belt.
What to Check When Your Furnace Stops Working
When your furnace stops working, there are a few things you can check before calling in the professionals. If you’ve addressed these issues and your furnace still isn’t working, it’s time to contact our expert technicians at Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing/Central Air.
- Thermostat Settings: If your thermostat is non responsive, sometimes, the issue can be as simple as a mistaken setting or dead batteries. Ensure that your thermostat is set to the desired temperature and the fan is set to “auto.”
- Circuit Breaker and Fuse: Check the circuit breaker or fuse for the furnace in your electrical panel. If it’s tripped or blown, resetting it or replacing the fuse can resolve the issue. However, if it continues to trip, it might indicate a more significant electrical problem that requires professional attention.
- Air Filter: Regularly inspect and change your furnace’s air filter. A clogged filter restricts airflow, causing your furnace to overheat and shut down. Replacing or cleaning the filter can improve efficiency and prevent this problem.
- Pilot Light and Ignition System: If you have a gas furnace, check the pilot light. If it’s out, relight it according to your manufacturer’s instructions. For electronic ignition systems, listen for the clicking sound when your furnace starts. If you don’t hear it, there may be an issue with the ignitor or ignition sensor.
Fuel Supply: For oil or gas furnaces, ensure that your fuel supply is not interrupted. Make sure the fuel valve is open and that you have a sufficient supply of fuel. Sometimes, a fuel shortage can lead to heating problems.
What Causes Furnace Problems?
Furnace problems can be attributed to various factors. Lack of regular maintenance is one of the leading causes. Over time, dust and debris can accumulate, reducing the furnace’s efficiency and causing it to break down.
Ignoring routine maintenance can also lead to issues like dirty or malfunctioning burners, worn-out belts, and electrical problems. Additionally, age can be a contributing factor. As furnaces age, components wear out, and the risk of breakdowns increases.
Preventative Maintenance Plans and Why They Are Important
Regular furnace maintenance is essential to keep your furnace in top condition and prevent common failures. At Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing, we offer comprehensive maintenance plans to ensure your heating system is operating efficiently. Our plans include regular inspections, cleaning, and tune-ups.
These services not only extend the lifespan of your furnace but also improve its energy efficiency, ultimately saving you money on energy bills. By investing in a maintenance plan, you reduce the risk of breakdowns and ensure your furnace is ready for the winter season.
Learn more about our maintenance plans and ensure your furnace stays in peak condition. With Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing, you’re in capable hands for all your furnace repair and maintenance requirements.
Why Seeking Professional Furnace Repair Is Vital
As a homeowner, it’s crucial to recognize the importance of professional furnace repairs. Attempting DIY repairs or neglecting routine servicing can lead to costly breakdowns and even pose safety risks.
Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing/Central Air’s team of certified technicians has the expertise and experience to identify and fix issues efficiently.
With our extensive experience in servicing all kinds of heating systems, you can rest assured that your furnace will perform optimally, keeping your home warm and comfortable throughout the cold months.
We Care About Affordable Heating
Repairs for any HVAC equipment can be fairly costly. That’s why we offer helpful financing so you can finance repairs or replacements related to: indoor air quality services, central air conditioners, heat pumps, plumbing systems, and much more.
Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing: Providing the Fort Wayne Community Reliable Furnace Repair Services Since
When it comes to furnace repair and maintenance in Fort Wayne, IN, Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing is the name you can trust. Our commitment to delivering top-notch services, our team of skilled technicians, and our comprehensive maintenance plans make us the go-to choice for all your heating needs.
We understand the importance of a well-functioning furnace during the frigid Fort Wayne winter, and we’re dedicated to ensuring your home remains warm and comfortable. Don’t let furnace troubles leave you in the cold—contact Sheets/Central Air, Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing today for all your heating and cooling needs.
While these checks can help troubleshoot some common furnace issues, it’s important to remember that furnaces are complex systems. If you’re unable to identify or fix the problem, or if you notice unusual sounds, odors, or other signs of malfunction, get connected with a professional HVAC technician ASAP.
We have the expertise to diagnose and resolve furnace issues, ensuring your comfort and safety during the cold months. The people of Fort Wayne can rely on us to fix any heating air conditioning or plumbing problem.
Got a problem with your furnace or heating system? Call us today and we’ll get it solved.